Thread: How to correct multiple entries made to Reported Tips instead of Collected Tips

Default How to correct multiple entries made to Reported Tips instead of Collected Tips

Hi everyone,

I have PayWindow 2021 verstion 19.0.21. I have recently discovered that all the tips for my employees were put into the software as reported tips instead of collected tips. Is there a way to correct this without reentry? If so, how do I do this? I have already ran a report on the tips and I know that the amount will also have to hit the employee's gross wages as well. Any assistance with this would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Stacie-PayrollNebraska

I assume that since this is October, you were doing that all year up to date? That's a real problem as Collected Tips is where you are "paying" them the Tips in their check and not just taking out taxes.

I would ask your accountant if there is a way you can pay the employees to amounts due them as the only way in PayWindow would be to delete each payroll transaction and set the date and repay it correctly. But that would change all of the reports too and again a problem to resubmit reports. I really thing you need your accountant's assistance on a way to address this.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.