Thread: Print

Default Print

After recent update, I am unable to print reports. I get an error message box stating " Printer selected is not valid". When I select printer setup, nothing happens.

You must have a Default Printer selected. Go into Printer's and Devices and set your Printer as the Default Printer.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mayer View Post
    You must have a Default Printer selected. Go into Printer's and Devices and set your Printer as the Default Printer.
    I have a default printer selected for the computer. I have no issues printing with other applications.

Give me the answe3rs to these questions:

What version number is TimeClockWindow (Displayed at the top of the program)?

If you Click Print Preview what happens?

If print Preview displays the report, what happens if you click the Print Button at the top left?
    Paul Mayer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mayer View Post
    Give me the answe3rs to these questions:

What version number is TimeClockWindow (Displayed at the top of the program)?

If you Click Print Preview what happens?

If print Preview displays the report, what happens if you click the Print Button at the top left?
    The Version is 2.0.78

If I click Print preview, the report gets generated and displays.

When I click the print icon, the print window opens with my default printer listed. When I click print I get an error box "Printer selected not valid".

Try this... Go into the Printers and Devices and set the Microsoft PDF Printer to be the default printer. Then try printing in TimeClockWindow. Let me know if it works. If it does, then go back in and change back to the other printer and let me know if that works.
    Paul Mayer

This did not work

Also, So you know, I have tried this on different computers and get the same results

Originally you said "After recent update, I am unable to print reports..."

Was that a Windows update or a TimeClockWindow update? We are at a loss what the problem is especially when you say you have the same problem on multiple computers. The thousands of other TimeClockWindow users are not having a problem. I have seven different computers in this office and all print as expected.

We are at a loss to what is blocking printing on your computers.
    Paul Mayer

It just dawned on me that there is a way that you should be able to print. Select Print Preview to open in the Preview Window and then click on the Menu Button to Export to PDF at the top left of the Preview Window. Then open the PDF and print from there.

The Developer thinks that you may have some corruption in the database and asked me to have you send an email to support@zpay.com and attach your database to it and mention this message thread in the body of the email. Thanks
    Paul Mayer