Thread: Build 19.0.15 Problem

Default Build 19.0.15 Problem

I downloaded Build 19.0.15 as recommended in the Update check on start-up. First employee showed 0 Federal Withholding. Everything else looked OK. Re-installed the next latest file in my Downloads folder (19.0. and the withholding looked correct.

Please see the March 13th Tax Update information and instructions at this link:

https://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthrea...-March-13-2021

Make sure you have your employees are setup using the 2021 W4 Form from them as explained at one of the links to the help file.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

I downloaded the update for the program today. My employee's federal tax went from $61.08 a paycheck down to $11.45. This does not seem right to me. His paycheck is $1080.00. He is married, filing jointly. Is this increase in pay correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Azule23 View Post
    I downloaded the update for the program today. My employee's federal tax went from $61.08 a paycheck down to $11.45. This does not seem right to me. His paycheck is $1080.00. He is married, filing jointly. Is this increase in pay correct?
    Please see my reply below and use the links in it to see what to do.
    Paul Mayer

Where do you record the Step 2 checked box on the employee's W4? Employee is married, filing jointly and spouse works also. I assume it is on the Pay or Deductions tab. Just recording that they are married filing jointly does not trigger the right tax table.

Quote Originally Posted by Azule23 View Post
    Where do you record the Step 2 checked box on the employee's W4? Employee is married, filing jointly and spouse works also. I assume it is on the Pay or Deductions tab. Just recording that they are married filing jointly does not trigger the right tax table.

In The Employee Settings under the Pay Tab you select M for Married Filing Jointly under "Marital (Fed)".
    Paul Mayer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mayer View Post
    In The Employee Settings under the Pay Tab you select M for Married Filing Jointly under "Marital (Fed)".
    Does the program use the table for Form W-4, Step 2, Checkbox, Withholding Rate Schedules, found on page 52 of the 15-T or does it just use the Standard withholding Rate Schedules?
    Thanks for your reply.

PayWindow just supports the Standard withholding Rate Schedules.
    Paul Mayer