Thread: W-4

Default W-4

I've held off asking this but here goes...In the box under the "Pay" info for employees....Is the figure I put in the new W-4 box a total of figures on the W-4? Like $4000 for two children (line 3 plus extra withholding on Line 4c? If the answer is yes, I'm assuming zpay somehow knows. OR am I to subtract the children figure from gross pay and then manually add the extra withholding as I pay each period?

I wish I knew a payroll person who uses Zpay in western Montana. I'd call them. I have checked with other offices using Quickbooks, etc but there seems to be confusion among them also.

Paul, I've used Zpay for years and think this is the last year because I'm now in my 80's. Always I've enjoyed your help and want you to know how appreciated you have been.
    Who knows, it's always hard to quit a business and I may be renewing again!! Thank you! Marge

Yes if you enter the figure from the W4 Form for the employee setting, Item 8 on this page of the help file:

https://zpay.com/pw-online-help/PayT...=NDIy&mw=MjQw#)

We reduce the ANNUAL taxable wages by that amount. Similar to the old method of using the number of exemptions selected.

Additional withholding is entered in items 24v and 25 of this page in the help file:

https://zpay.com/pw-online-help/Empl...=NDIy&mw=MjQw#
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Thank you Paul. It's so easy when you get me pointed in the right direction. I didn't even notice the extra withholding on the employee setting! So it didn't make sense to me to total all amounts on the W-4..... Marge F.

You are very welcome.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.