Thread: Need to Print old 941 Forms

Default Need to Print old 941 Forms

Hello... We have just discovered that PayWindow misdated our 941 forms for years 2018 and 2019 (long story); the numbers/info are correct, but I cannot get PayWindow to put the info on a 2018 form, even though our program has been kept up to date continuously. I manged to correct all of them for 2019, but now, when I try to correct the 2019 forms (that originally had the info on the 2017 forms), I only get the same info on a 2019 form. Help??

Every year in the early days of May the 941 form for the new year is added to PayWindow. At that point forward it will only use the new forms. We do leave the old forms in the past year forms in the Report folder though that you can access. Right click on the PayWindow Desktop Icon and select Open file location. Then double click on the Report folder to see the old forms. If you uninstalled PayWindow though bwfore updating or moved to a new computer, they will not be available.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Thanks, Paul.

I see where you can set your tax year to 2019 (Year for 940 / 941 / 944 / 943 / W2 / 1099 reporting) when initially opening PayWindow and setting your date to Last year, 4th Q. (4Q2019). I found in the help file about setting your Federal Tax values to the 2019 year, instead of the 2020 year. What does not occur, is the old 2019 form is not used, when you specify 2019 calendar year as the 941 year that you want to use. To get the old form to be used, I had to go into the Report folder, and rename the f941_2019.pdf file to f941_2020.pdf. And of course first make a copy of the f941_2020.pdf so it is no lost. Seems as though PayWindow ignores the Form Year that can be specified, and is only using the latest year of the 941 form, in this case, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by tompierre View Post
    I see where you can set your tax year to 2019 (Year for 940 / 941 / 944 / 943 / W2 / 1099 reporting) when initially opening PayWindow and setting your date to Last year, 4th Q. (4Q2019). I found in the help file about setting your Federal Tax values to the 2019 year, instead of the 2020 year. What does not occur, is the old 2019 form is not used, when you specify 2019 calendar year as the 941 year that you want to use. To get the old form to be used, I had to go into the Report folder, and rename the f941_2019.pdf file to f941_2020.pdf. And of course first make a copy of the f941_2020.pdf so it is no lost. Seems as though PayWindow ignores the Form Year that can be specified, and is only using the latest year of the 941 form, in this case, 2020.
    First I need to say that if you are following the IRS Rules, you have last years forms and actually the last three years forms in your filing cabinet.

Because of Internal Coding each year, we only support the current forms in PayWindow. However, I can point out that if you never uninstall PayWindow you can open and type in the information into past years forms by Right clicking on the PayWindow Desktop Icon and selecting Open File Location from the popup window and the open the "report" folder to see the past year forms.

You would reprint with the current form and then move the info to the form you use in that folder.

Most important though remember that the IRS wants a paper trail and they do not want to look at a computer screen. Make sure that your keep a copy of every report that you print for three years.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.