Thread: 1009-Misc Upload to IRS Fire has errors

Default 1009-Misc Upload to IRS Fire has errors

I uploaded a 1099 form to the FIRE site that was produced by FormWindow imported from PayWindow data.

IRS says the file is BAD due to the below - any ideas how to fix to upload a replacement.

Payee Count: 1

Number of Messages: 1
    #1of 1
    1 C record(s) contains Control Totals that do not equal the IRS total of B records.
    Refer to Publication 1220 or contact your software company or service provider for further information.

Record sequence number 4 is the first known record containing this error.

What version number did you have when you submitted the E-File? Make a backup of your W2-1099FormWindow database and attach it to an email to support@zpay.com and copy the text of this message thread into the email body.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Hi Paul,
    Stand by one on this one. I just updated both Paywindow and Formwindow to the latest versions and resubmitted to the FIRE site. Will update when I know if new file has been accepted.

Thanks, waiting to hear.
    Paul Mayer

OK, just received the "Good" file confirmation from the FIRE site. Must have been the older versions that created the bad file. All is well in the world (more or less).

Quote Originally Posted by SSNet View Post
    OK, just received the "Good" file confirmation from the FIRE site. Must have been the older versions that created the bad file. All is well in the world (more or less).
    Yahoo! Thanks for the follow-up!
    Paul Mayer