Thread: Transactions have disappeared

Default Transactions have disappeared

All of my transactions from Feb-May have disappeared. Employees are paid once a month. January is there and today is there but I noticed the YTD didn't add up so I got to looking at transactions and they are all gone for Feb-May.
    The only thing different was I opened up another company record to check a glitch with it and then went back to the regular company. I even went back and tried to restore my backup from last month but the transactions are not there.
    I don't want to go and put in all the data from 4 months. Help please.

It sounds like you accidentally selected Restore when you went to Backup and restored an old backup over your current work. If you have a more current backup you can restore it and then if there is a missing pay date you can set the date and repay it to get on track. You have to be very careful when backing up to select Backup and not Restore.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

No that's not what happened. When I looked at the other company data and then opened my previous company data, I picked the wrong one that had gotten lost on the computer. So making sure that you know where your file is before changing to another one is the key here. Self fix yea me!

You should not have more than one database that is accessible with different pay dates, only a single company file with one continuous dare range or at the end of the year you will be in trouble as you cannot produce proper reports for your employees and the IRS and State.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.