Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reports PDFs are wonky?

Default Reports PDFs are wonky?

Hello...

Updated to version 17.0.2, and now, my payroll reports look fine within PayWindow, but when I export them, all I get is maybe one or two lines of random text, and a few oddly placed lines, but no real information. Help?

Thanks!
    ~Sherry

I just opened the Employers Totals report in Print Preview and exported it to PDF and it worked as expected. Reinstall Adobe Acrobat to see if that is the problem. Or do you have some third party PDF tool installed? That may be cause a problem too.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Hi... I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat (and nope, no other PDF tools installed), and it still does it. And it does it even when I send the files to someone else -- even the previews via webmail have the same problems, so it's not just on my computer, either. I can save the files as something other than PDFs (like .rtf, etc) and they're fine, and/or I can print directly from PayWindow, and that's fine. But somehow, when I save them to PDFs, they're all weird. PayWindow example.jpg

Are you using Windows 10? If so I wonder if it has something to do with the file association problem we discovered previously shown in this FAQ?

https://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthrea...s-the-941-Form
    Paul Mayer

Yes, I'm using Windows 10, and Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I'm not having any issues with Windows trying to open the files in Edge, instead. Even when I open them directly from Adobe, they show that weird formatting instead of the information I can see within PayWindow. So far, it's worked to save them as read-only .rtf files. I wasn't having issues until this new installation of PayWindow (when we upgraded for 2019).

I'm glad you are using Windows 10 since they have a PDF Print Driver. I have the developer looking into this problem but in the mean time, just select the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer.
    Paul Mayer

Thanks, Paul.

Send me an email at support@zpay.com as I'm going to need a few things from you so we can test tomorrow.
    Paul Mayer

Will do, Paul. Thanks!

Default PDF Reports

I am testing your program to make the transition from Quickbooks, downloaded the program sometime in mid December and experienced the same problem while exporting payroll reports. I thought it was a restriction because the trial period of the software.

Using Windows 10, with all updates.

Hope this also help you.

Best

Alex