Thread: Missing hours when times are incomplete

Default Missing hours when times are incomplete

When running a total report for last week it didn't add any hours from Sunday on me and another employee.
    I realized that there were incomplete times from other employees so I fixed those and checked the totals report again.
    Now it included the hours for Sunday.

How does someone else's incomplete times effect my time?
    I realize that the incomplete time is not wanted but there are a few people we have that are salary and we use this to keep track of their working hours. But they don't use it very well and the managers haven't really enforced using it.

Is there any way that you could at least fix it so that each person's hours would calculate correctly unless they have an incomplete time?

thank you,

~ Blake ~

Please see this FAQ:

http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread...Date-Range-why

and this Video:

http://timeclockwindow.com/help/Tota...ips/index.html

You cannot have *any* incomplete time transactions to get the Totals Report, you must follow the instructions in the above two links before printing the Totals Report.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

I understand incomplete times would effect totals but why does it effect totals for someone other than the person with an incomplete time?!?!
    I think it should only effect that person's time... obviously you add differently in the programming than anyone would in real life... each person at a time?!

It's all created into an array in memory by departments, employees, transactions and such and then sorted into a report. Think of an open transaction as a "wall", and once it hits the "wall", it stops the entire process.

Since the software exports to our payroll software and other payroll software, having an open transaction unsupervised could cause an employee to be paid more than the entire company payroll by an open transaction.

If you just want to see total hours for an employee simply use the Clocked in by Employee report as that does not have to break it down into departments, overtime and such.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.