Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1096 Print Problem

Default 1096 Print Problem

Dear ZPay: I've updated to 10.08 and find that on the 1096 the "x" is going to the far left spot for 1099-K. It needs to mark 1099-Misc (3rd spot in) My form is a 2011 "1096. Marge

Thanks Marge, not sure what happened there since we didn't change that form this year. I'll have to edit the form and it will be in the next release. If I were you, I'd just put a big X in the 1099-MISC box and send it in. It appears it slid all the way over to the left margin.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

I don't have a 1096 form to test with Marge since Deluxe only sent me forms that changed so I downloaded the one from the IRS site and aligned it with that form. I just added the new form to PayWindow 10.0.8 and uploaded the setup package. Can you download and install that from our website and let me know if it is right now? Thanks!
    Paul Mayer

Default 1096 Print Problem

Thank you. The X is in the right box (1099 Misc) However, it's very high and not within the box. I see no way to adjust that particular place on the form as every other line higher up on the form is near perfect, and I cannot lower the X without messing up the form. Thanks again. Marge

Where did you get the form? Can you download the form I tested on and see if the data lines up when you print on plain paper and hold the form and light up to a window or a light source to see if it lines up?

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1096_11.pdf

Also hold the two forms up to a light source together to see if they are the same and let me know what you see.

Thanks
    Paul Mayer

Using the IRS download and setting the 1096 margins in PayWindow to Top = 10 and Left = 50, I doubt I can get any closer. Take a look at the PDF file at this link:

http://zpay.com/pdf-files/1096-test.pdf
    Paul Mayer

I just downloaded the link you gave me -----pdf-files/1096-test,pdf and it is smaller then what I bought (Laser Red letter with a strip to peel off(which is marked at the bottom of the form with (2011). And smaller then even the IRS pdf form that you and I downloaded to check sizes to begin with. Marge

Actually it will not be a problem as we only support the forms from Deluxe and Nelco which are the same. Since the text lined up exactly as you saw in my test, that was set from last year's Deluxe Form. Since it is so exact with the IRS form, then I hit it on the nail.

People that buy their forms from an office supply store generally have alignment problems as they are not to the same specs as the IRS form like Deluxe and Nelco use.

I still do wonder how that X was pushed way over to the left border though.
    Paul Mayer

Quote Originally Posted by marge View Post
    I just downloaded the link you gave me -----pdf-files/1096-test,pdf and it is smaller then what I bought (Laser Red letter with a strip to peel off(which is marked at the bottom of the form with (2011). And smaller then even the IRS pdf form that you and I downloaded to check sizes to begin with. Marge
    You cannot compare the size of that as I printed the IRS form and then put it in the printer and had PayWindow fill in the blanks. That PDF was scanned in and is not true to size, just to show the text placement that has not been changed since January of 2011.
    Paul Mayer

I'll just order from Deluxe in the future....... In 2010 the 1096 form I used did not start with 1099-K, 2nd row.
    2011 does. For some years 1099 Misc was the first box on the second row. So the program automatically filled in the far left box for 2011 forms. I've always done just fine buying forms locally but I'll take your suggestion. I really appreciate the way ZPay follows thru with help for us.

Maybe, this is my answer... I run off just the info on W-2's and 1099's, 1096 on plain paper and then go on BSO at a later time and type in the info (except for the 1099 etc.) If I were to upload from ZPay the form probably would have been correct???? Marge