Thread: 941 Form (PDF) Completely Blank

Default 941 Form (PDF) Completely Blank

On generating a 941 for Q2 2009, the PDF that displays and prints is completely blank except for the check mark in the quarter. My year is set to 2009, Quarter to 2, and I have no wages paid this Quarter (I indicate that by checking the "no payment made" box.

I was able to generate a 941 last quarter and so I tried to re-do that one to see if the problem was the zero amount in Q2 -- but the Q1 941 is now also blank, despite wages paid that qtr and previous successful generation. My version is 7.0.37.

Rainer
    Atlanta, GA

We use the official IRS 941 Form and they use blue to print the data entered in that form. I'm guessing that you are using an ink jet printer and ran out of blue ink.

I'm betting there is a setting when you go to print in the properties where you can select "black and white" as an option that will work for you.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Default Problem is Fixed - Thanks

Your advice helped me because it suggested that the data was there, just invisible due to font color.

My situation was that even on the screen the PDF was blank and I could not find a setting that made the text appear. Then I closed that PDF file which had automatically opened in my Adobe 7 Standard Edition and reopened it using Adobe Viewer Only, version 9.

Then I saw the blue text and I am good from this point on ... my laser printer can print that as black text -- tho even in Adobe 9 I could not find a setting that would change the text on screen from blue to black.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply. I am pleased.

Actually I was referring to the printer settings for color printers. I just took the attached screenshot of the settings for my color LaserJet and as you can see it is called "Print in Grayscale".

But now that you explained a bit more, and said that you were using Adobe Acrobat 7, I'm guessing you are also on Windows Vista.

See this FAQ:

http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2567

That info is from the Adobe website and Adobe 7 is not supported under Vista as a number of functions will not work as you saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.