Thread: Error Message

Default Error Message

After selecting an employee from the menu and paying that employee, clicking on the save and close button responded with the message "operation must use an updateable query" in version 7.0.25
    I downloaded the latest version 7.0.34 and now get an error message "An error occurred in the application"

Try right clicking on the PayWindow Icon and select "Run as administrator" and see if it runs. It sounds like the database is not allowing you access because of limited privileges.

I found that solution on the web, let me know what happens.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Yes, running as administrator allows me to run the program. Double-clicking on the icon and entering the program through that way continues to bring up the error message.

That confirmed the problem. It is a security issue as your data is locked if you are not an administrator. Since PayWindow was working fine and suddenly stopped with that updateable query, we know there was a change on your computer. It's some security software that is blocking the Microsoft Database tools from working if you are not running as an administrator.

You either need to find what made the change or run PayWindow as an Administrator to get around the problem.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Okay, I will check on my security software.

The solution to my problem was found in the User Account Control. Within Control Panels, go to User Accounts and then open Turn User Account Control On or Off. Turn off the User Account Control by unchecking the box and PayWindow runs from the icon on the desktop again without logging on as system administrator.