Thread: backup

Default backup

I have tried to back up last payroll on a memory stick I have used all a long ,I get the message cannot open zipped file Also have attached local tax to all employees for Green Ohio at 2 per cent. Tax does not calulate correctly. Having all kinds of problems with the 2009 version

I cannot replicate the backup problem to a memory stick as I use one all the time here. Did you use the drive selection Dialog like seen in the attached screenshot? Or did you just try to type in the location? You must use the pick list to select the location.

PayWindow 2009 is the same as 2008 as all we do each year is change the date and version number as we issue updates throughout the entire year and really do not change anything when moving from one year to another other than changing the forms and adding the new tax tables.

Speaking of tax tables, check your employees to be sure that you have the local tax record attached to each employee. If you want, you can call me and I will go over those settings with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

hi,
    you need to check drive letter. When you plug-in USB drives, drive letter may change without notice.

e.g., F:\yourbackup.zip change it to G:\yourbackup.zip

Thank you.
    thanks,
    PayWindow Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    hi,
    you need to check drive letter. When you plug-in USB drives, drive letter may change without notice.

e.g., F:\yourbackup.zip change it to G:\yourbackup.zip

Thank you.
    Yes, always use the pick list like I showed in my last reply since USB drives do not always use the same drive letter when plugged in again.
    Paul Mayer

I am having the same issues, and the program will not let me change to another drive letter

I am having the same issue that Shirley had.... The program wont let me choose another drive...It keeps telling me that it cannot save zip file.. I am fairly computer savvy and it will not let me save to any drive. I have had this issue since I updated the other day!!

I just backed up to five different drives on my computer here checking and all worked including removable memory sticks, network drives and even my desktop.

You cannot backup to a CD or DVD unless you are using Windows Vista.

You cannot just type the Drive Letter in and backup. You MUST use the Windows folder pick list to select the drive and paste it in for you.

Look at the image below. You need to click that little "..." button to open the Windows folder pick list.

Then locate the drive that you want to backup to like shown below and then click the OK button to paste the information into the backup Dialog.

Then you can simply click the Backup button to create the backup.

Paul Mayer