Thread: Form 941 - Company Name is Blank

Default Form 941 - Company Name is Blank

When I print a 941 the company name field is blank. It is properly entered in the company information.

I cannot replicate the problem so I need to see your settings. In PayWindow, Select Payroll and then Company from the menu. Once that Window is open, press the Ctrl, Alt and T keys at the same time to create a screenshot for me. Email it as an attachment to support@zpay.com referencing this message thread so I can see what is wrong.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Since I haven't heard from you yet and I've been thinking what you may have done, my guess is that you left the company name blank in the Company setup and entered it in the Trade Name location.

The instructions for the 941 Form read as follows for this area:
    If you use a tax preparer to fill out Form 941, make sure the preparer uses your business name and EIN exactly as they appear on the preprinted form we sent you.

If you are not using a preprinted Form 941, type or print your EIN, name, and address in the spaces provided. Also enter your name and EIN on the top of page 2. Do not use your social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN). Generally, enter the business (legal) name you used when you applied for your EIN on Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number. For example, if you are a sole proprietor, enter "Haleigh Smith" on the "Name" line and "Haleigh’s Cycles" on the "Trade name" line. Leave the "Trade name" line blank if it is the same as your "Name."
    So unless you use a name different from your normal company name, the name should be in the Company entry and if you use a different trade name then both items need be completed.
    Paul Mayer

If I only have the company name in the "name" field - no name is printed in either field on the 941.

If I put it in the trade name field and the company - it prints only on the trade name line of the 941.

Quote Originally Posted by redrivermonkey View Post
    If I only have the company name in the "name" field - no name is printed in either field on the 941.

If I put it in the trade name field and the company - it prints only on the trade name line of the 941.
    We can't replicate the problem. Are you using the latest release of PayWindow? (Version number appears at the top of PayWindow and is currently 6.0.15)

If you are, I'll need to test with your database to see what is happening, see this FAQ to get me a backup of the data:

http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1449

With over 5,000 users, we'd have been clobbered by users with the problem and so far you are the only one so we need to see if we can find out why.
    Paul Mayer

I received your company backup and sent you the result 941 form As you can see, it works fine when you use Adobe Acrobat. Your FoxIt reader is the problem. We use Adobe tools to interface with Adobe Acrobat forms and as you can see, when using Adobe Acrobat it works as expected.
    Paul Mayer