Thread: Backup With Vista

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Backup With Vista

I am attempting to back up to for the first time with Build 6.0.15 on a new computer with Vista. I am trying to write to a CD in Drive E but am getting a message saying: could not save zip file
    Also in checking about moving Legacy PayWindow Data file from Vista VirtualStore, how do I select the advanced search option?
    Wendell
    Last edited by Wendell Lenhart; 07-30-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling

You cannot create a ZIP file on a CD, Windows blocks that as it is not a read/write type drive like a hard drive, or removable memory stick. Also if you do say backup to the desktop and then copy that file to a CD, you cannot use it after restoring easily. The CD puts a read only flag on files and copying it back, you would find it is locked in read only mode.

A cheap $10 memory stick is your best bet as it will hold over a year of backups.

You mentioned that you were trying to get to the virtual folder which would tell me that even with a drive to back up, you would find that you were not backing up the new data but instead the original data.

See this FAQ http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1564 and use the Company Organizer to locate and move your data files.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.