PDA

View Full Version : 941 data fields not populating correctly

D N D Express
05-31-2008, 08:45 PM
When I printed my 941 for this 2nd quarter, I noticed the expected data fields in the form are populated incorrectly. There is a difference of approximately $1800.00 between Line 2, Wages and lines 5a and 5c. This difference is also on the Quarterly Total for Tax Reporting Report, but not on the Employer's Payroll Total Report. Any suggestions and help would really be appreciated because I am really confused.

Paul Mayer
06-01-2008, 12:15 AM
It sounds like one of several things. You have either duplicate payroll transactions saved on the same date for your employees. Which is hard to do if you have the current release of PayWindow as we prohibit that now.

Or improper use of non-taxable deductions. Make sure that you've set up any non-taxable deductions properly and that you've never used a negative number in any non-taxable deductions.

The last problem is if you do after the fact payrolls and entered in payroll information by hand and the correct taxes are shown on the reports for the wages and you did not enter the correct values when entering the payrolls.