PDA

View Full Version : Wages after deductions

bunchmarine
04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
i have one employee that the wages after deductions is incorrect. i began doing my payroll with your program on 3/28/2008. Prior to that i input all of my employees information and all prior payrolls. i input Jan & Feb as totals for the month and then imput March by the week. As of March we began a Caffeteria 125 plan with our insurance and HSA. Prior to that the insurance was taken out after taxes. i have input Jan. & Feb. payroll after taxes. When i pull up the wage report the wages on this employees under Wages S/T FICA, Medicare, FUTA, SUTA have those 2 months of insurance taken out pre tax. i need those wages to reflect the insurance after taxes. i have deleted them and made sure my company information was correct for no pre tax and then changed it back after Feb to begin March being pre tax deductions but i still cannot get the Wages correct to do my 941, 940, & SUTA. Please tell me what i am missing. Thank you!

Paul Mayer
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
You need to check the 941 box in the Deduction setting in the Company setup.

Take a look at the Tutorial titled "How to setup and use non-taxable deductions" on your CD or at http://zpay.com/help.

bunchmarine
04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
thank you! But i must be missing something because i have done it with the 941 box marked and without and it still is showing my wages less the insurance before i started the caffeteria plan. Because there was $861.30 total in insurance paid in Jan. & Feb before they could be deducted pre tax.

Paul Mayer
04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Since you did not have it setup as non-taxable at the time, you would have to delete those transactions, set the date for each pay day and re-pay them.

bunchmarine
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
i am getting very discouraged. i have done everything you have said to do and i am still not getting the correct gross. i have deleted all transation on this person and rentered them 3 times. i have changed the date everytime and took out the pretax deductions to show nothing pretaxed and still my gross on my quarterly wage page for Wages S/T FICA, Medicare, FUTA all reflect the insurance premium being taken out pretax. :confused:

Paul Mayer
05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
If you send me your database, I can inspect it to see what you've got wrong. Follow the instructions in this FAQ:

http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1449

And mention this message thread in the email.

Paul Mayer
05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I received the backup file.

In the company settings, under the deductions settings you still have the first three deductions set as non-taxable. And you have them all set to Not be included in the taxable wages for the 941 Form and the W2 Forms. In addition to that, I see that you do not have the code nor the W2 Form boxes set if you did intend to have non-taxable deductions to report why the items are not included in the taxable wages in the report.