Thread: TCW Database has a .PGP file extention and not .TCW

Default TCW Database has a .PGP file extention and not .TCW

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mayer View Post
    Send the database attached to an email to support@zpay.com and paste the message text in the email.
    I have the same problem, my database shows up as invalid. however i noticed the file extension was changed to PGP instead of TCW. it was a very long file name and it had foxmail.com in it.

That is not a valid file format. I have a feeling that someone installed Pretty Good Privacy on that computer and encrypted the database. This is what I found on the Internet:

What is a PGP file? Security key or digital signature file that verifies a user's identity; used for decrypting a file encrypted with Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) software; ensures that protected files can only be opened by authorized users.

Do a search from the Start menu for *.pgp to see how many files are encrypted and then find out who did this to un-encrypt the files.

I'm also wondering if there is a Trojan or virus that is doing this to files too. I did search the Internet to see but didn't see any reports yet.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Can you copy that long filename so we can search for that. I am starting to think that it may be a ransomware thing the more I think about it. Thanks!
    Paul Mayer

Some more research points to what you have is a Ransomware Virus Attack. See this link:

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guide...pgp-ransomware

I had a feeling that's what it was.
    Paul Mayer