Thread: Make Inactive Employee Active Again?

Default Make Inactive Employee Active Again?

Hi,
    I have a 1099 contract employee. I marked him as inactive so he wouldn't show up on every report, etc.
    I only enter in his "pay" at the end of the year so I can print his 1099-misc.

I did so for 2018 but keep getting errors when trying to print 1099 (All Employees selected) that there are no employees - nothing to print. I can only assume its because he is marked as inactive. I can't figure out how to make him active again to print his 1099. After that I will mark him inactive again until next year.

Thank Paul!!!!!!

If you do not see him in the employee list, click on the Filter Button to stop hiding Unemployed people. Then edit his record to set it back to Non-Employee Payee.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mayer View Post
    If you do not see him in the employee list, click on the Filter Button to stop hiding Unemployed people. Then edit his record to set it back to Non-Employee Payee.
    Ah, that's what I needed. I was looking for some kind of "Active" / "Inactive" flag. To clarify for others, when I set him as "Inactive", in his employee record, under the Pay tab - the Emp. Type: field, that set him to "U" for unemployed. So I just needed to change that field to N - Non-Employee Worker.

After doing the above and changing the Date to Last Year, 4th Qtr - the 1099 I needed is now there.

Thanks Paul.

I recall a thread, long ago, where it was mentioned that it is really really important, not to make an employee as unemployed, until the current tax year is over. I was reconciling my state reports online, and and had marked a 2018 employee as Unemployed. This caused them not to show up in Zpay wage reports for the quarters in which they were employed. The properly filed quarterly state reports, no longer matched the information in Zpay. Yikes! making the change mentioned in this thread, made the employee, "Active" again, (marking them Non-Employee Payee). Now the wage reports for the year were accurate. In summation, when somebody quits, not not make them as unemployed. First mark them as "Non-Employee Payee". Then mark them as un-employeed when your tax year is over.

That would be nice but we need their original Tag Hourly, Salaried, Non-employee Payee. The only way to bring that back into play is with knowledge from the payroll person to go in and set them again.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.