Thread: Salary Sick pay - 1 hour sick pay increases normal check amount

Default Salary Sick pay - 1 hour sick pay increases normal check amount

Hi
    Sorry to bother you guys,
    I am confused, I pay one (1) hour of sick pay for a semi monthly salary person and the check is greater than a normal check?
    It seems to add part of the sick pay dollars but not all

Employee gets paid more if they are sick ?

Confused...
    Thank you
    Ken

Wait a minute. Did you just say that you paid an employee 1 hour of sick pay? If that is the case, yes they will get 1 hour more pay making the check a little larger.

If not, then I'm confused by your question.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Salary employee had one (1) hour sick during the pay period, their check should be the same as normal pay period but with one (1) hour removed from their accrued sick pay for the year. We don't want to pay extra if an employee is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Durntootin View Post
    Salary employee had one (1) hour sick during the pay period, their check should be the same as normal pay period but with one (1) hour removed from their accrued sick pay for the year. We don't want to pay extra if an employee is sick.
    Try to pass that one by the Department of Labor.

If you are accruing time for sick PAY, then when you PAY the sick PAY, you are actually paying the employee when they are off sick. That's what sick accruals are for, saving up funds for employees to be paid when they are off sick.

Just like Vacation Accruals to pay the employee when they go on vacation.
    Paul Mayer

Example:
    semi monthly pay period employee worked 79 hours regular and one hour sick = 80 hours ... the check should not exceed a normal check
    when the employee uses all of their sick leave the check would be less as there would be no more accrued sick time.

Described that way, I'm guessing that you set the 79 hours, clicked pay to calculate the taxes but then added the one hour sick pay and never recalculated the taxes.
    Paul Mayer

I don't communicate very well sorry.

we have an salary employee who was sick (1) one hour during the pay period, I entered one (1) hour sick leave when doing her pay and the check was 12.11 higher than her normal check.

if I am sick at work, my checks are always the same but the check stub shows I used x amount of hours of my sick leave if I am sick.

how can I do that with Zpay, by the way I love your system ... the coolest I have ever seen ...

Hope I explained myself, than you for your patience ...
    Ken

Unfortunately, PayWindow is setup to follow the law, if you pay one hour of Vacation Pay, it is going to pay that extra hour. If you are doing something different, it's not going to accommodate that.
    Paul Mayer