Thread: Local tax tables not working

Default Local tax tables not working

I have 4 companies, 3 computers, and 3 different local tax tables. Each payroll the local tax tables are wrong on one or two computers. I look at the paths and they are the same for the data. The dxi file is on my PC and the other 2 are using my network drive for the data. It is weird that this happens even after fixing. I have it right on 2 computers and the 3rd is not right. It is not the sample NY file, but one of my 3. All 3 computers are are up to date for Zpay.

Please help.

It sounds like you are sharing the tax tables between the computers and are editing the same "Local Tax Record" which then changes it for the other companies. You should have a Four different tax records including the sample NY Local record in your Local Tax Tables list and attach the proper local tax record to the appropriate employees.

See this page in the help file on sharing Tax Tables:

http://zpay.com/pw-online-help/modul...ct=ODQw&ms=AAA=

That would need to be setup on all computers. And don't just gloss over the instructions as it points out you would be responsible to move tax tables (not the local though as it is unique for your use) to your shared location.
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mayer View Post
    It sounds like you are sharing the tax tables between the computers and are editing the same "Local Tax Record" which then changes it for the other companies. You should have a Four different tax records including the sample NY Local record in your Local Tax Tables list and attach the proper local tax record to the appropriate employees.

See this page in the help file on sharing Tax Tables:

http://zpay.com/pw-online-help/modul...ct=ODQw&ms=AAA=

That would need to be setup on all computers. And don't just gloss over the instructions as it points out you would be responsible to move tax tables (not the local though as it is unique for your use) to your shared location.
    Ok I am doing this, and I do not have Zpay in that location. I do have it in local user, but no Installtax.

I did find the Installtax in the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ZPAY\PayWi ndow is that the one? I did change it on my PC and will use that on the other two as well. Will I have issues when updating tax tables? Please let me know what I will have to do so I don't keep bothering you

Tax Table Error - We cannot locate your tax tables. It appears they are not installed properly. Please contact support@zpay.com for assistance. Click OK to close PayWindow.
    If your Database is on a network path, see the FAQ entry: <a href="http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?3432-Tax-Table-is-invalid-on-network-path">http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?3432-Tax-Table-is-invalid-on-network-path<a/>

I did restart and still got the error

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I did find the Installtax in the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ZPAY\PayWi ndow is that the one? I did change it on my PC and will use that on the other two as well. Will I have issues when updating tax tables? Please let me know what I will have to do so I don't keep bothering you

Yes that looks like the correct location. Has to be done on all computers as well.
    Paul Mayer

Still not working on both machines. Idid not do the 3rd and it is working

Tax Table Error - We cannot locate your tax tables. It appears they are not installed properly. Please contact support@zpay.com for assistance. Click OK to close PayWindow.
    If your Database is on a network path, see the FAQ entry: <a href="http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?3432-Tax-Table-is-invalid-on-network-path">http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?3432-Tax-Table-is-invalid-on-network-path<a/>

I did restart and still got the error
    That would mean you have the path wrong or the computer you are testing does not have read/write privileges, or you have security software that is blocking access. This instructions are for administrators that know what to do, if you are not at that level of expertise, you'd be better off just using the Local tax table settings. We cannot give support for that tax table sharing as it is not a standard practice and your question about having to update the tax tables makes me think you do not understand that set of administrator instructions.

I would reinstall selecting to use the local computer only and then make sure that you create the local tax tables identical on all three computers.
    Paul Mayer

Still not working on both machines. Idid not do the 3rd and it is working
    Like I said in my last reply, your not being at the tech level of a computer administrator, you'd be better off installing as a single user and create the local tax tables on all three computers in the same order so they are identical. You really need to be a certified network administrator to set it up like described in that unsupported set of network instructions.
    Paul Mayer