Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QuickBooks v3 or v6 or v8 Integration is not installed???

Default QuickBooks v3 or v6 or v8 Integration is not installed???

I Goggled this error message and looked in the forums and could find no help on this message. The instructions on importing data into QB assume that you already have the ability to integrate information. Do I need to purchase a piece of software or make an adjustment to my QB (2009)?

Could you please point me in the right direction. I currently use a product from Big Red consulting to import pay checks into Quickbooks. I obtain the information from your GL Report found under Miscellaneous reports. I am happy with the way it works just wanted to try your solution to see if it's a better solution. I've attached an example of a recent payroll report that was imported in case you want to share this option with anyone else. You would need the IIF creator tool from to Big Red to see how it really works.

Thanks

Reggie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Reggie,

I'm guessing what is missing is the QuickBooks Foundation Classes from Intuit which can be downloaded from our download page. They are near the bottom of the page at this link.

http://zpay.com/download.htm
    Paul Mayer
    ZPAY Payroll Systems, Inc.

Thank you so much for you quick response.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using QuickBooks Pro 2012. I tried to install the Quickbooks Foundation Classes for 2012 from the zpay website, but I still get the 'Quickbooks v3 or v6 or v8 Integration is not installed' error. I ran the installer with admin privileges too. Am I missing something?

All I can do is to point you to the instructions we have that are linked on this page:

http://zpay.com/vbulletin/showthread...Transfer-Setup

The problem sounds like a QuickBooks problem since QuickBooks is telling you the Intuit tools are not installed. They are working very hard to block access these days as they want people to pay their very high prices for their payroll.
    Paul Mayer

Thanks for the very quick response.

Those instructions state: "This*instruction assumes you are currently able to connect to your QuickBooks company file". I am not able to connect to my Quickbooks company file from PayRoll. The error I am getting above is from Payroll, not quickbooks. I tried installing and reinstalling QFC12 but I continue to get the same error. I even re-installed payroll and continue to get the same error. It seems to me like this is a problem from the Payroll side, not the quickbooks side.

That actually means you are able to connect to the QuickBooks data file with QuickBooks, not PayWindow. The instructions take you through that setup process.

I've actually used those instructions on all versions of QuickBooks up to 2014 Pro successfully. But we have had a number of users that were never able to for unknown reasons.
    Paul Mayer

It just dawned on me, you must start QuickBooks first with that company opened and then go through the setup.
    Paul Mayer

I'm not sure I'm doing the setup right. If I try to open the company file in Paywindow while it is open in Quickbooks, it says the file is in use and I can't open it. If I close the company file, but leave quickbooks open, and try to open the company file in Paywindow, that is when I get the 'Quickbooks v3 or v6 or v8 Integration is not installed'. I can't even get to step 2 of the setup file because I can't even open the company file in Paywindow.

I printed out the instructions and followed them step by step. No idea what your problem is as all I did was to open QuickBooks with the QuickBooks data file. The I started PayWindow and went to the QuickBooks Import tool and selected the "Use Current File" button provided and then selected the QuickBooks database that was currently open in QuickBooks and it works without the problem you are seeing.

If it is not working on your end, it may be the release of QuickBooks you have does not support the Intuit data transfer tools. As far as I know, it only works with QuickBooks Professional or better.
    Paul Mayer